We have been serving the storage needs of business and industry since 1960. We pride ourselves in offering the finest quality storage products available, as well as providing added value with our design-build capabilities and after-the-sale support services.
In our infancy, Jack Scholdowski (founder) combined his love of industrial engineering and sales to start a family business with his wife, Helen. He opened the doors of Shelving, Inc. in a two-story warehouse in Detroit, Michigan at the corner of Riopelle and Woodbridge. Jack developed a quality brand and instilled in the company a strong sense of pride and community. His goal was to assist customers in organization and space allocation by effectively using the best storage solutions available.
Now over 50 years later, Shelving, Inc. is still a family owned business, holding true to the same values and goals that Jack put forth. The company has moved to its current location in Auburn Hills, Michigan but we still remain loyal to our humble Detroit roots. As we all know, Detroit has seen its fair share of trying times, so we have partnered with the Capuchin Soup Kitchen in Detroit to help others in need. We happily donate 10% of our profit to Capuchin and spend time/donate products to help whenever we can.
The growing demand to reach customers all over the country prompted Shelving, Inc. to launch our first website, the one you are reading this on now, in 2004. The idea was to make industrial products available to the masses. With our overwhelming success online, we decided to market our products as a place for life’s stuff, the home. In 2007, a showroom was opened in Madison Heights as well as a website to reflect residential products, www.theshelvingstore.com. Today, the next generation of Schodowski’s have taken the reigns and are leading the company into our bright future.
Our staff is a small crew of talented people who are dedicated to helping businesses find storage products to suit their needs. We have a call center, design team, installation crew and sales titans who show the world why we rock.
Shelving, Inc. We Rack Your World
To help people get their stuff organized so they are more comfortable in their own space.
A shelf in every room
Exceed our customers’ expectations and provide storage solutions that help make life more manageable.
Our Core Values
1. Provide quality products at affordable costs with ethical practices
2. Deliver awesome service to earn customer loyalty
3. Treat all people with respect, dignity, and fairness
4. Be open minded and approach each dilemma creatively
5. Support and stay involved with the local community
6. Embrace market changes and always adapt to suit customer needs
7. Do more with less: ie. more storage, less cost!
8. Be humble and take responsibility
9. Foster a positive company spirit that shines through all aspects of our service
10. Have open and honest communication
We offer the following array of strategic services to assist you on your next storage project:
Project Management Capabilities:
- Consult with owner representatives, architect, and construction company
- Utilize AutoCad and Configura software to design multiple layout options
- Present a proposal which includes all areas relevant to our scope of work
- Secure any necessary permits and acquire all specified materials
- Create timeline to coordinate installation with construction completion dates
- Schedule installation crews, transportation, and erection equipment
- Interface storage equipment installation with building systems and erection
- Perform final inspection with owner representatives to insure complete satisfaction
Technical and Operational Assets:
- A combined staff total of 150 years of industry experience allows us to stress a true consultative approach to identifying problems and offering proven solutions
- Fifty years of acquired business acumen provides access to over 825 vendors, allowing us to propose the best products for your application
- Software based order tracking system affords reliable updates for status inquiries
- Tailored stocking programs formulated for just-in-time and blanket purchases
Product and Assembly Resources:
- To avoid delays and facilitate prompt deliveries, we stock many of our fastest moving items
- Shelving, Inc has full time, in-house assembly and installation crews, and utilizes experienced, nationwide installation companies
- We can also pre-assemble many items prior to delivery which minimizes assembly costs and lessens the disruption to your daily activities
- Maintaining our own warehouse allows for staging of complete jobs, until your facility is prepared for delivery and installation
- Standard products are creatively combined to produce custom designs to meet your specific needs
Call toll free 1-800-637-9508 and put our experience in the shelving business to work for you. After all, you are our boss!