Each shelf is hand crafted from custom made molds designed to emulate the elegant variations, colors, and imperfections admired in natural stone. For use indoors or outdoors.
This shelf will ship crated on a pallet in 3 pieces, the shelf and 2 corbels. The corbels are 9" x 9" x 4" and weigh 10 pounds each. Shelf will bear weight of 100 pounds over each corbel, evenly distributed. Masonry installation is required, please consult a professional if unfamiliar with this process.
Masonry installation: Install corbels on to the masonry by attaching the brackets with 3/8" x 4" lag screws using suitable anchors. You will need 2 per corbel. For even weight distribution of the shelf, mount corbels approximately 12" in from each end. After corbels are installed apply mortar or construction adhesive, per manufacturer's product instructions, to the top of each corbel and to the back of the shelf. Set the shelf on top of the corbels arranging so that it is centered on the corbels and then press against the wall.
If necessary, clean with a slightly dampened cloth. Commercial cleaning products are not recommended.
If this is new construction, the stone will go over the brackets keeping them out of sight. If this is a retrofit, use any stone parts that were chipped out to hide the brackets. If installing to drywall, it will be necessary to cut the drywall away and install additional blocking between the studs to support the weight of the corbels and shelf. Hide the corbel brackets when reinstalling the drywall or hide with whatever material you may be using over the drywall (i.e. stone, veneer, tile...).
- Cast stone is a combination of all natural ingredients (aggregate, cement and iron oxides)
- The look and feel of solid stone, with comparable strength, but without the excessive weight.
- Use indoors or out
- Each shelf is hand crafted from custom made molds designed to emulate the elegant variations, colors, and imperfections admired in natural stone.
- Made to order, 3 week lead time
- Cast Stone is not considered to be a combustible material, however we always recommend that heat clearances must be adhered to.
- Brand: Pearl Mantels