The 2023 Shelving.com Business Scholarship is now closed. Congratulations to our winners: The first place scholarship goes to Norman Hurns from Southfield. The second place scholarship goes to Nazneen Masood from Canton. The third place scholarship is tied with Nolan Smith from Lowell and Caterina Intorre from Macomb. Information on the 2024 Shelving.com Business Scholarship will be made available on this page spring 2024.
For over 60 years, our company has racked your world with a wide variety of effective and durable storage solutions ranging from wire shelving to personal lockers and more. As a family-owned business, we understand the importance of preparing America’s youth for the future, and we recognize the importance of higher education in ensuring that our students receive the education and skills they deserve when entering the workforce.
With that in mind, the 2023 Shelving.com Business Scholarship is now open - available to Michigan residents pursuing a major in business and/or currently enrolled in a business-related field of study. This scholarship will offer one grand prize of $3,000, one runner-up prize of $2,000, and one second runner-up prize of $1,000.
The 2023 Shelving.com Business Scholarship will be accepting applications from Michigan residents who are either currently attending an accredited college or university, or are high school seniors currently enrolled or planning to enroll in college or university. Michigan residents are eligible if attending an accredited college or university outside of the state.
Any student interested in applying is required to submit a copy of their current transcript and resume, as well as an essay that answers the prompt below. If not presently attending a college or university, proof of college or university enrollment is required. Applicants will be judged on their academic merits as well as the content of the application essay they provide.
- Applicants must be a Michigan resident who is either presently attending an accredited college or university, or a high school senior currently enrolled in college or university beginning no later than the Fall 2023 semester. Michigan residents are eligible if attending an accredited college or university outside of the state.
- Applicants must be pursuing a major in business or a business-related field of study.
- Applicants must have a minimum 2.8 cumulative GPA.
- Applicants must submit a copy of their transcript, resume, and essay. If not presently attending a college or university, proof of college or university enrollment is required.
- To receive the award, winners must provide proof of Michigan residency through a Michigan identification card, Michigan driver's license, or tuition status document.
How to Apply
To apply for the 2023 Shelving.com Business Scholarship, please fill out the online application below and attach your essay, current transcript, and resume.
Your essay must be 1,000 words or less (250 word minimum) that answers the following prompt:
How are you currently utilizing - or plan to utilize - your business-related field of study to serve your community?
All applications must be received by July 6, 2023 at 11:59pm EST to be considered eligible for this scholarship. Winners will be announced on this page on July 24, 2023 at 10:00am EST.