Shelving Inc. warrants all goods of our manufacture to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service. Any goods found to be defective, upon examination by us, within 12 months from date of shipment, shall be repaired or replaced by us without charge, FOB factory within the continental United States. All export taxes, fees and duties occurring from warranty shipments beyond the continental United States will be the customer's responsibility.
This warranty shall be null and void and of no effect unless we are notified of such defect, all within 12 months from date of shipment. Such notification shall be directed to the office of Shelving Inc. No goods shall be returned without prior written approval.
Explicitly excluded from this warranty are: special finishes and labor required to remove and/or reinstall original or replacement parts.
This warranty does not cover damage caused by improper installation, overloading, accident, improper storage, or neglect, alterations, modifications, or additions.
Shelving Inc. warrants the items purchased from other manufacturers only to the extent of the normal warranty of these manufacturers.
The above warranties are given in lieu of all other warranties express or implied, including without limitation, the warranty of merchantability and the warranty of suitability for a particular purpose. It is expressly agreed that Shelving Inc. assumes no liability for liquidated damages arising out of a breech of contract, including any warranties arising therefrom, and buyer's remedy shall be limited to repair or replacement of defective parts as described above.
Prices quoted are subject to receipt and acceptance of order within 30 days of the date of the quotation unless otherwise noted on quote.
Shelving Inc. reserves the right to add sales tax, or any other tax, which may be imposed on our products, as required by law. All shipments into the State of Michigan will carry the current state sales tax unless a resale certificate for the State of Michigan is on file at Shelving Inc.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
Payment terms are net 30 days to established customers. New customers must furnish credit references before credit can be issued. A credit line will be based on credit reference information received by Shelving Inc.
Written consent from Shelving Inc. must be obtained prior to the cancellation of any order. Cancellation charges may apply.
Prior written authorization from Shelving Inc. must be obtained before credit on returned goods will be given. Items must be returned to Shelving Inc. freight "prepaid".
LOSS OR DAMAGE IN TRANSIT
Shelving Inc. shall not be liable for loss or damage in transit. The following steps must be taken to ensure proper handling of loss or damage claims:
1) Products received freight prepaid must be checked against the packing list to ensure all items were delivered. In case of shortages, note on the carrier's paperwork "Shipment Received Short". If shortage is not discovered upon receipt from carrier, Shelving Inc. must be notified of shortages within 24 hours of receipt to ensure a claim for loss can be filed. Shortages reported later than 24 hours carry no guarantee of replacement/credit.
2) Products received freight prepaid must be checked for damage upon receipt. In the case of damage observed upon delivery, note on carrier's paperwork "Received with Damage". Contact Shelving Inc. immediately. In the case of concealed damage, Shelving Inc. must be notified within 24 hours of receipt in order to report concealed damage to the carrier. Failure to report concealed damage within 24 hours may result in loss of repair costs/replacement of product.
3) Products received freight collect must be checked for damage upon receipt. In case of damage observed upon delivery, note on carrier's paperwork "Received with Damage," Shelving Inc. will not be responsible for any damage or loss on collect shipments. Freight claims rest solely with the consignee.
Delivery dates are estimated dates only, and unless otherwise specified, are estimated from the date of receipt by Shelving Inc. of purchase order, complete technical data and approved drawings.
In estimating such dates, no allowance will be made, nor shall we be liable directly or indirectly, for delays of carriers or delays from labor difficulties, shortages, strikes or stoppages of any sort, fires, accidents, failure or delay in obtaining materials or manufacturing facilities, acts of government affecting us directly or indirectly, bad weather or any causes beyond our control or causes designated as Acts of God or forces of nature by any court of law, and the estimated delivery dates shall be extended accordingly. We will not be liable for any damages or penalties, whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, resulting from our failure to perform or delay in performing unless otherwise agreed in writing by an authorized officer of Shelving Inc.
FOR SPECIAL DESIGNS AND/OR APPLICATIONS NOT SHOWN IN OUR CATALOGS, PLEASE CONSULT Shelving Inc.
Your welfare is our first concern. If you are sensitive to nickel chrome or plastic please refrain from using our products.
Here is some basic information about wire shelving:
Please do not use chrome wire shelving in moist, hot, cold, or wet environments. If your environment is moist, wet, cold or hot please consider alternate finishes like stainless steel, or epoxy coated wire shelving.
- The plastic split sleeves are made from ABS (Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) and not PVC.
- ABS is a thermoplastic and is very common in automotive, household products etc…
- Our nickel chrome wire shelving is meant for indoor use only in ambient and dry storage.
Do not stand or climb on any of our shelving products. Do not overload the shelves or racks beyond their capacities. Do not use chrome wire shelves for a cooking surface.